Tuesday 29 May 2007

How to Cheer Yourself Up

Ok, this is more about how I just turned my own mood around

OK, so there is a chance that not many people - if any - read this blog. However, I'm going to write it anyway.

The reason is I've just given myself permission to be miserable.

One of the key things in to self esteem is accepting yourself for who you are. And if having an off day (or a week in my case) is part of being yourself - then accept it.

I have a note book where I scribble down some of the most amazing rubbish (and gems of wisdom) when I need to get something out of my system. Today I wrote that it was ok to be miserable. That if I want to indulge in my own self pity, that's ok, because it is mine - for me. I reminded myself that, I'm getting there - even if there are days when I don't know where "there" is.

What really brought me round was my final bit of rambling. I wrote "And once I'm there, is it where I want to be or just a stopping off point to somewhere else?"

It reminded me that my life is a series of adventures - that journeys are for enjoying - destinations are not final, but the starting point for the next quest.

So, next time you feel a bit low, just go with it. Explore it, understand it, come to terms with it. Accept it as part of you. Allow it to do its job - whether that means taking a break, considering your options or signalling that it's time to change course. Then have your strategy for moving on and enjoying the adventure of your life.

1 comment:

scanozu said...

jus wana thank u for sharing that,it cheerd me up :) x